Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I won't live this one down

My editor needed a day off, badly.
We are a small community daily newspaper, and don't have a huge staff.
Our managing editor position is vacant. The editor of our weeklies is away for her wedding and honeymoon.
So, having worked as an editor for most of my career prior to becoming publisher of The Register Citizen, and even having the title of "corporate director of news" for our company a few years back, I decided that I would step in for a day and give him a well-deserved breather.
A quick refresher on page layout, and an introduction to our newsroom computer system, and I was in business.
I was pretty proud of myself. Only had to call him once, for a password to the Web site of the service we use for editorial cartoons.
Until I arrive at the office to this front page headline.
And now ... every time I talk to my editors about proofreading mistakes, guess what will be mentioned?

1 Comments:

Blogger Graphics said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 16, 2010 at 1:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home